Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Bongiorno!

After leaving the beautiful Cinque Terre we arrived in Florence. Since our clothes were getting pretty stanky we took advantage of the washer and dryer the campsite had. Since I wanted to take full advantage of having clean clothes I had to wear my swimsuit and zip off pants so that everything else could get clean. It wasn't the most fashionable outfit.

Florence was gorgeous. We saw the David statute, the Baptistry, the Cathedral (4th largest in the world. It had the most beautiful painted ceiling!), the jersey shore, and a few other awesome sites. With all of Florence we somehow manage to run into three members of the Jersey Shore cast. They looked really bored being filmed walking down the street... It was weird. One of the security guards could tell that we recognized them so we just took a few pictures and then left to go into the cathedral.

I feel dumb now but everyone always warns you not to wear shorts in Rome or they wont let you in. No one ever said anything about Florence... I looked pretty great wearing my scarf as a dress wondering around the churches. But hey... I didn't have to buy one of those ugly paper robes.

Now we are about to leave for Rome! I hope it doesn't disappoint and we have enough time for everything! It's crazy that we are more than half way through with our trip. It's flying by!

No comments:

Post a Comment